PI_ControlStatus.py is a customized and extended version of PI_control_stats.py. I fly a lot on my MacBook and I just don’t have the real estate to view status on the cockpit instrument panel or send verbose dataref groups to the screen. So my usual laptop mode is HUD display with PI_ControlStatus across the top of the screen.
PI_ControlStatus.py currently indicates the following states:
Gear: Up or Down
Brakes: On or Off
Reversers: On or Off
Weapons: ‘w’ hotkey cycles through available weapons; shows rounds remaining for guns
Tailhook: Up or Down
Chute: Deployed or Not
Fuel: Percent remaining
1. Make sure PythonInterface directory is in your Plugins directory. If not, get the PythonInterface from http://www.xpluginsdk.org/python_interface_downloads.htm
2. Edit display resolution on lines 35-36. Placement of status bar will automatically adjust to your screen. This only needs to be done when you change display resolution.
3. Place PI_ControlStatus.py in PythonScripts directory in your Plugins directory.
4. Hotkey ‘n’ will toggle PI_ControlStatus visibility within X-Plane.
5. Hotkey ‘w’ will cycle through available weapons and activate them. Shows rounds remaining for guns and cannon.